* Discussed the number of solutions of a linear equation
* Determined the value of x when the coefficient is a fraction!
Here was our warm up
Basically, if we want to get rid of the fraction, multiply both sides by the denominator.
Here is one of the home work problems (slightly more difficult) worked out for you to see.
Remember there are always three options
1) No solutions (when things like 12= 3 happen… because it can’t)
2) Infinite solutions! (when things like 3=3 happen or x=x since this will always be true)
3) One solution (when you solve and get a specific value for x)
Home work due tomorrow (11-20-13): Nov 19_Linear equations with fractionsHW
A video for another explanation!
See ya tomorrow!