Happy Winter break!
Here are the last few homework assignments that you may have missed:
Dec 4_ Rates and Ratio HW
Dec_16 Rate_Percent (Dec_16 Rate_Percent problems solving)
Math Face Decimals (Adding subtracting decimals)
Math Face (2nd) (Mixed operations)
Percent Math Face
Blank Math Face
Dec_4 Meaning of Percent
Here is the Winter Break Review Packet:
Winter Break Study Packet
Having troubles? Go to youtube.com to find some good videos!
Riddle (if you come on January 6 with the answer… there may be a prize!)
There are three boxes. One has apples, one has oranges and the other has apples and oranges. The boxes are labeled wrong so that no label is correct. Sue opens just one box, and without looking in the box, takes out one piece of fruit. She looks at the fruit and immediately labels all the boxes correctly. Which box did she open and how did she know?
* Studied/Reviewed for our Test tomorrow!
Here are some helpful video examples of the concepts that will be covered in the test:
Study your journal!
* Graphed Vertical and Horizontal Lines
* Graphed Linear Equations with Fractional Slopes
* Internally “rocked-out” to Ms. Becker’s jamming youtube vidoes
(I know you love them!)
Our warm up and class notes
x= … is a vertical line!
y= … is a horizontal line!
Homework: (Only page 3) HorizVertLines (DUE WEDNESDAY)
We voted to have the unit test on Thursday! yay
T-minus 4 days until break!
Today in class we…
* Found the percent of a number in multiple story problems
* Used percents and rates to solve problems
Our warm up
Our class notes:
“Of” means MULTIPLY!
Homework: FINISH CLASS WORK Dec_16 Rate_Percent
* Used equations to complete input/output tables
* Graphed linear equations (Quiz)
* Played linear equations jeopardy!
How to complete a input/output table
How to graph a linear equation (see yesterday’s post)
Homework (pg 3 only)
Have a great weekend- See you Monday 🙂
* Reviewed how to find the percent of a number
* Played Ratio/Rates/Percent Jeopardy!
* Took a short quiz
Remember to find a percent…
convert the percent into a decimal or fraction
(See yesterday’s videos for examples)
Homework: Percent Math Face Blank Math Face
* Graphed linear equations with fractional slopes
* Reviewed concepts like y-intercept and slope
* Watched another fabulous video to help us remember that slope is rise over run!
(my phone is being tricksy today and won’t let me upload photos)
So until then,
here are some videos about graphing linear equations
And here is the way to remember what slope is!
No homework today!
See you tomorrow!