* Reviewed Unit rates and ratios
* Conducted a self-analysis of last week’s quiz (not in gradebook)
Here was our warm up
We analyzed our progress and understanding of the following standards:
- CCSS.Math.Content.6.RP.A.1 Understand the concept of a ratio and use ratio language to describe a ratio relationship between two quantities.
- CCSS.Math.Content.6.RP.A.2 Understand the concept of a unit rate a/b associated with a ratio a:b with b ≠ 0, and use rate language in the context of a ratio relationship.
- CCSS.Math.Content.6.RP.A.3a Make tables of equivalent ratios relating quantities with whole-number measurements.
- CCSS.Math.Content.6.RP.A.3b Solve unit rate problems including those involving unit pricing and constant speed
We looked at problems and collected data:
Based on this data, some students worked on rates, some worked on ratios, and others made posters to display their understanding of the differences between rates and ratios or unit rates.
We watched this clip about Ratey the Math Cat
Need another explanation of unit rates?
No homework 🙂